Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Northeast Kingdom Picnic

Ever been on a picnic where you had to wear a winter coat? If the answer is yes, you must live in Vermont.

Nathan and I decided to take advantage of a rare night together (as he is usually working) and take a picnic up to our favorite place in the Northeast Kingdom: Darling Hill.  Before I get into any details I need to say that if you live in or around the area and have never been up here--- GO! NOW!  Seriously.... get in your car and drive. This post will be here when you return.

Welcome back.  We typically go up to The Chapel when we're there, and you don't need to be religious to enjoy it.  There are 360 degree AMAZING views. Can you tell I love it there?

So tonight we packed our favorite sandwich (details later in this post), a couple mason jars of apple cider, a blanket and our camera and headed out.

Here are a few stunning shots of the handsome man that i'm lucky enough to call my husband:

 It was cold... and windy... burrrr!
 I loooooooove his expression in this one....

 You can catch a quick glimpse above of the sandwiches I mentioned earlier.

In between two delightfully toasted pieces of bread are:
Turkey
Maple Mayo
Apples
Cheddar Cheese

Can you say: DELISH! 

Anyway... here are a few more photos:



Have I convinced you yet that this is the most beautiful spot in the Northeast Kingdom? No?  Well it just so happens to be smack dab in the middle of foliage in Vermont and there was an amazing view of Burke Mountain and the Willoughby Gap:



And if you look reaalllllly hard at this one you can catch a glimpse of the new windmills in Sheffield:

We had a great time, although it was so stinkin' cold that we were only there for about a half an hour.  In the words of the Little Rascals.... it was awfully romantical.  



2 comments:

  1. Brandi! I love this post. It is making me miss home...and you! Be back for the Holidays and a proper catch up! Until then, I will follow the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sunny! Can't wait to see you! Will you be here for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete