Monday, October 17, 2011

I guess you could call me the "sentimental" type!

 After our Wedding last year we had sooo much extra stuff and just plain old planning stuff left over that our entire spare bedroom at the apartment was full.  In fact, we stopped referring to it as the Spare Bedroom and just called it the Wedding Room.  This was fine and excusable when we were still planning, but months after the big shindig and it was all still there? Not OK.

I finally had an intervention with myself and said ..."Brandi, enough is enough.  Just because the crap is in there, doesn't mean you get to have another wedding. This is embarrassing."  And so I cleaned her out.  It took a lot of pushing to actually throw things away, but I did it.  However, being the sentimental schmuck that I am, I saved one of each item and put them in a tote box for any time that I wanted to indulge and take a trip down memory lane.

And without further ado 
(sidenote: i'm not sure that this is the proper way to spell ado but I googled it and it told me to use this)
My Wedding Memorabilia Tote:

Curious about the dice?  I had a Vegas Bridal Shower! :)

All of the actual "planning" books


Our wedding favors.  See packets with wildflowers. The back has a quote from our wedding song: These are the Days by Van Morrison.


The RSVP card that we sent along with our invitations... I forgot to take a photo of our invitation which is framed in our living room.

My Bachelorette Party Shirt!  Ain't a Hussey No More! 
(For those of you who don't know, my maiden name was Hussey).



Above:  The bouquet and bonnet my sister made for me for the rehearsal.  It's made of all the ribbons and things from gifts from my shower.  I think I get my creativity from her. (see below for a shot of me wearing the bonnet and the bachelorette tee)

Left: The bag my mom got me as a bridal shower gift... came in handy to carry around everything I needed for the big day!


                                 


Homemade Place Cards

Awesome sunglasses purchased for the entire wedding party by our groomsman, Joel Lacoss.

My champagne flute that I hand painted for the morning of the wedding.  I also painted one for all the girls and moms so we could have champagne! Here's a shot of all of them and of us toasting by Josh Ainsworth (our photographer)....




My garter.... ordered from Etsy.  Something old, new, borrowed, and blue all in one. :)


Shoes (duh)

Close up of my shoe!

Ring Bearer "Pillow" to go with the birch theme.

My tag from my dress.

Nathan and my Dad's :)

Some of the drink napkins we ordered

The programs that Nathan and I made... he's a very good stamper!

All our wedding cards :)

I'm extremely happy that I save all of this stuff so I can go back and look.  It was such a fantastic day, and I most certainly worked hard on it.  The best part after all the planning and the big day were finally over... I get to be married to the most amazing man.

***With a very strange/amazingly exciting turn of events, on the day I started this post my best friend (the beautiful lady from a couple posts back) got engaged!  I can't wait to help her with her day and see all of the memorabilia from her wedding.  Congratulations Kaylan and Chris!!






2 comments:

  1. I'm officially obsessed with your blog. Love you Bran! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially obsessed with you! Hehe! Miss you Mama.

    ReplyDelete