Thursday, December 8, 2011

If you really love Christmas...


If you have never seen the movie Love Actually you are seriously missing out and should stop reading now and go rent it.  It is technically a movie about Christmas, but it's so much more than that. It seemed fitting that I shared a song from the movie to start a blog about Christmas. Notice I said Christmas and not the holidays. I will not go on a rant about this, but just take note. Enjoy the tunes:


The scene: Brandi at the bank looking at the Christmas decorations thinking "holy crap, Christmas is in 20 days."  I literally did not think about the fact that it's almost Christmas until this moment. Living in Northern Vermont the Christmas season usually punches you in the face in the form of lots and lots of snow.  Until today there has been no snow (except for a couple of days in November), which has thrown me way off! The only "Christmas" decor in my house right now are snowman coasters.  I'm pretty sure Nathan and I own more coasters than any other mid-twenties couple in the world, but this is a subject for another post all together. 

Add all this to the fact that I'm hosting Christmas dinner for our families this year and having a Christmas party for our friends and I am spiraling into a slight state of panic.  The logical thing would be to actually start decorating.  Instead I have been pinning "ideas." Go me!  We do have plans to get a tree and decorate this weekend, but in the mean time the following are some fun ideas I have for the party and to make the house look "a lot like Christmas."  

I could very easily do this with a piece of wood and leftover chalkboard paint!

Love these burlap stockings!

We will be hanging our stockings on the staircase this year since we don't have a mantle!

Cute and easy to decorate like this.

Might try to make this for a centerpiece for the table.

Definitely doable... but a G of course!

Martha's Cheese Ball!

Caramel Coated Brie

Made these cookies already for Halloween! It will be much easier with my new mixer!


These are the plans so far... hopefully I'll actually get my act together this weekend and get some of this stuff done! I'll be sure and post some photos when I do! Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment