Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear!

Well... for once in my deeply procrastinated life, I've followed through on something I said I was going to do.  I had a weekend jam packed full of all things Christmas.  Nathan and I don't really get into the whole buy each other a million things for Christmas.   Rather than the immense amount of stress many people feel, we just enjoy getting into the spirit.  It was quite the coincidence that today at Church we were reminded to take a breather and remember what Christmas really is about.  It's not about getting up at 2am to stand in line for a toy that is soon going to be replaced by the next best thing, or about how many lights you can string outside your house.  I'm not saying you can't do that if you enjoy it, but that doesn't sound like fun to me.

I will now stop my rant and give a rundown of the weekend. Saturday consisted of a lot of gathering supplies and Christmas music.  We also watched Garfield Christmas and Elf with Joel, Lynsey and Ella.  Today was when it all came together.  The following a is a pictorial timeline of the weekend! :)


The House
The front yard of the house with snow!

The Happy Little Farmhouse in the winter! Yes, that's our tree on the front porch. 





The lovely wreath we got today!

The Decorations
       

 

              Just some candy in jars I made pretty with all the ribbon leftover from last year!







The DIY centerpiece... a separate post on these will be coming soon!



The stockings were hung by the chimney staircase with care... :)
Bubba Clause... :) 

The chalkboard turned Christmas! This might be my favorite decoration of them all! 

The Tree








Love this one! 

The Village:




If these photos don't put you in the spirit I don't know what will

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are lovely and bring a smile to my face. "Bubba Clause" is among my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thank you! That's one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pictures! I did the same thing this weekend, but I'd say you had much better success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is absolutely Beautiful, Brandi and Nathan! What a beautiful weekend spent focusing on the real reason for the season. You both truly make me so happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scottie! I wish so much that you could be here to see it. We will miss you so much this year!

    Thanks Katie! I'm sure your place looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Brandi!!! I may steal these ideas next year!!!

    ReplyDelete